If you’ve been following for a bit, you might recall that I received a MyOatmeal order recently with 3 awesomely flavored oats; donut, banana split, and cherry amaretto. To read the original post, click here. Don’t forget, if you want to order your own oats use the code “capp15” for 15% off your order 🙂
So, I knew as soon as I received my oats I had to make banana split pancakes with the banana split flavored oats. I made my standard pancake recipe (posted below) then layered my pancakes with sliced banana, strawberries, cherries, then topped it off with dark chocolate dreams peanut butter (which I melted with some almond milk to make it more like a sauce).
Banana split pancakes – makes 4-5 pancakes
– 1/2 cup banana split flavored myoatmeal oats, ground into flour
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup milk of choice (I typically use almond milk)
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 banana, sliced
– 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
– 1/4 cup cherries
– drizzle dark chocolate dreams peanut butter
1) Combine ingredients to make your pancakes. Cook your batter a few minutes on each side until your pancake is cooked. Repeat with the rest of your batter.
3) Set aside to let cool. Layer your banana and strawberries inbetween your pancakes. Top off with cherries and dark chocolate dreams. Enjoy.
More pancake inspiration: