As promised, another MyOatmeal recipe. I thought hard about how I could make use of these oats (other than just using them in oatmeal). After talking to a friend, inspiration struck – jelly filled “donut” pancakes. I simply ground the donut flavored oats into a flour then used them in my standard pancake recipe. Then as I cooked up the pancakes, I spooned some fruit into the center of each pancake then covered it with a little batter and let the pancakes continue to cook. When finished, the pancakes had a nice little surprise of delicious, softened fruit in the center.
They may not be the prettiest pancakes I’ve ever made but they sure were one of the tastiest. So much so that my fiance stole them and I had to fight tooth and nail to get my hands on one of them.
These would make a great, fun, tasty, and healthy breakfast for the kiddos!
Don’t forget to use code “capp15” for 15% of your MyOatmeal orders!
Fruit filled “donut” pancakes – makes 3 “donuts”
– 1/2 cup donut flavored myoatmeal oats
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup raspberries
1) Combine ingredients (Except raspberries). Pour 1/4 cup batter onto your pan.
2) Place a handful of raspberries in the center of your pancake then cover with batter. Cook a few minutes on each side. Repeat with the rest of your batter.
3) Set said to let cool. Top with desired toppings – I used a mix of cashew butter and coconut butter spread but feel free to use whatever toppings you like.
More pancake inspiration: