I actually developed this recipes months ago and found the ‘draft’ version of this hiding and decided it was time to finally share this with you guys. This recipe and the pictures were actually featured on the wild friends nut butter facebook and instagram social media accounts as well as featured as a runner up in a french toast comp.
So, onto the french toast. his is my vegan german chocolate french toast. I have since made several more yummy flavors of vegan french toast but this is one of my favorites because it has chocolate and chocolate for breakfast is always a winner in my book 😉
German chocolate french toast – dairy free, vegan, can be made gluten free with GF bread
– 2 slices bread of choice (I used whole wheat)
– 1 cup SO Delicious dairy free milk (or another milk of choice)
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 1/4 cup dark chocolate dreams peanut butter, melted
– 1/3 cup wild friends chocolate coconut peanut butter
– cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
– unsweetened coconut
1) Combine ingredients (except bread) in a medium sized bowl then set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken. Once thickened, submerge one of your slices of bread until coated then cook on a skillet for a few minutes on each side. Repeat with other slice of bread.
2) Layer your chocolate coconut peanut butter, cacao nibs, and coconut in-between your french toast. Enjoy!