I don’t make french toast often. I always have trouble getting it to turn out. But every once in awhile I get this craving for french toast and I couldn’t pass up trying out this flavor combo. Surprisingly, this batch turned out great. It didn’t fall apart, it cooked all of the way through, and most importantly it was yummy 😉
For this dessert-inpsired french toast, I drenched 2 slices of whole wheat bread in an egg and coffee mixture, cooked it up, then added some more more coffee and layered a creamy filling in-between each slice of french toast and topped it off with cinnamon.
Ingredients – makes 2-3 french toast
– 2 slices whole wheat bread
– 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup coffee of choice (I used instant mixed with almond milk)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
– splash milk of choice
– 1 tsp sweetener of choice
1) Set aside about 1/8 cup of your coffee. combine the rest of your liquid ingredients to make your french toast. Dip your bread in the mixture and let it soak for a few minutes. Cook on a skillet until cooked on both sides. After your french toast is cooked, spoon a little coffee on top and let it soak into your french toast. Set aside.
2) Prepare your filling by combining your yogurt, sweetener, and milk until smooth and creamy. Layer between your french toast and top off with some cinnamon.
Question of the day:
Is there a food item that no matter how many times you make it, it just doesn’t turn out?