I have been sitting on this recipe for months. I originally came up with it quite awhile ago and had it in draft mode on my blog. It wasn’t until I was perusing my draft posts on here that I realized I never uploaded this. So with my birthday right around the corner (this Sunday), I decided it was the prefect time to not only make these for myself again but also finally upload the recipe so you can all make these for me in my honor for my bday 😉
These little bites of deliciousness can be made in less than 10 minutes and were actually what inspired my mini 10 minute pizza roll bites (recipe can be found here). They use one of my favorite superfoods, sweet potatoes, which offer healthy doses of vitamin A, potassium, fiber, and vitamin C 😉
Mini cinnamon rolls (makes 3 mini rolls) – can be made dairy free and vegan if using dairy free milk and yogurt.
– 1/3 cup whole wheat flour + almond meal (fill your 1/3 cup halfway with whole wheat flour then fill the rest with almond meal)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp oil of choice (I have also made these without oil – by accident- and didn’t notice much of a difference)
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 3 spoonfuls baked sweet potato
3 spoonfuls date caramel (recipe here)
1 spoonful plain greek yogurt
splash almond milk
1) oil a medium sized ramekin and set aside. In a small bowl prepare your dough. Mix ingredients really well until your ‘dough’ is formed.
2) Roll your dough out with your hands and make a long flat rectangle. Spread your date caramel on top of your dough. Starting from the wider end of your rectangle, start rolling your dough like you would for regular cinnamon rolls. once it is rolled, cut your dough into 3 even pieces and place cut side up into your ramekin.
3) microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Meanwhile combine your ingredients to make your icing.
4) Once your mini rolls are done, let cool then drizzle your icing on top.