So I woke up this morning and was struck by inspiration. I decided to take my french toast to the next level and make strawberry french toast for Edward. We were running low on his usual go-to breakfast (cheerios) so I thought it would be nice to make him breakfast in bed. For some reason strawberries kept calling out to me so I thought why not add them to the egg mixture for a nice little extra fruity flavor? It was a good call on that one because these were delicious. I can’t wait to experiment with other flavors like blueberries and strawberry banana. Ooohhh the endless possibilities…
Strawberry yogurt french toast – can be made dairy free with dairy free yogurt, can be made gluten free by subbing gluten free bread
Makes 1 very large serving
8 oz plain yogurt of choice (use greek yogurt for some extra protein)
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 tsp vanilla
a few tsp honey
3 slices whole wheat bread
1/3 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
1. Heat a skillet on your stove and set aside.
2. Combine 6 oz of your yogurt, vanilla, honey, and strawberries (save a few for topping) until they are well mixed. Add in your milk and eggs.
2. Submerge your slices of bread in your strawberry egg mixture for at least 3 minutes. Oil your skillet and carefully transfer your first slice of strawberry/egg soaked bread to your skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
3. Repeat step 2 with your other slices of bread.
4. Mix the rest of your yogurt with your leftover strawberries and drizzle on top of each slice of french toast then stack and enjoy!
Question of the day:
I’m not sure why but I LOOOVE to eat pancakes at night. They’re the perfect treat at the end of a long day. Do you prefer breakfast food at breakfast or dinner?