I am a huge pizza lover so I decided to try something that would satisfy my pizza craving while still being relatively healthy. And so I give you these pizza inspired quinoa bites. Quinoa mixed with tomatoes and some seasonings then stuffed with delicious cheese! These are a great option if you’re looking for a higher protein pizza option 🙂
Quinoa pizza bites – (gluten free, can be made dairy free and vegan by subbing Daiya dairy free cheese)
– 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 cup water
– sprinkle each of thyme, oregano, garlic, basil
– 1/2 tomato, diced
– 1/3 cup tomato sauce of choice
– 1 egg of choice (I used a flax egg)
– 1/2 cup cheese of choice (I used medium cheddar and smoked provolone)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil 6 muffin cups. Set aside.
2) Combine all ingredients in a small pot, except egg and cheese. Cook until all of the liquid is absorbed and your quinoa is cooked. Add your egg of choice and mix well.
3) Spoon a little of your mixture into each muffin cup – just enough to cover the bottom of your muffin cups. Place your cheese in the middle of each muffin cup then cover with the rest of your quinoa mixture. Bake for ~25 minutes.