A friend of mine recently sent me a picture of some amazing sounding granola via instagram. So, naturally, I perused the ingredients list then set to work to make my own homemade version. I love nothing more than combining my passion with food and my artistic creativity to come up with delicious recipes for you all. Be on the lookout for another recipe makeover later this week 😉
Chocolate banana bread granola – can be made gluten free with GF oats; dairy free and vegan
– 3/4 cup almonds
– 2 cups oats
– 1/4 cup baking cocoa
– 1/2 cup cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
– 1 banana
– 1/3 cup oil of choice
– 1/4 cup liquid sweetener of choice
– 1/8 cup oil of choice
– 1/8 cup liquid sweetener of choice
1) line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2) Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed. Transfer to a large bowl and add in the cacao nibs. Mix well. set aside.
3) in a small pot, combine banana, 1/3 cup oil and 1/4 cup liquid sweetener of choice. heat until mixture becomes smooth and creamy. add to your oat mixture and mix well. add 1/8 cup oil and sweetener as needed until mixture becomes moist and sticky.
4) crumble mixture onto cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Flip granola and bake for 15 more minutes. Let cool – the longer it sits out the crunchier it will get. Transfer to an airtight container. Enjoy 🙂
Question of the day:
Do you eat granola? What’s a granola flavor recipe you would like to see? Or is there something else you would like to see “made over”? Let me know!