If you haven’t guessed yet, I love dessert. And breakfast foods. Even better, I like dessert type foods that I can eat for breakfast. This pie falls into that category. It is made with wholesome, healthy ingredients so you can eat this pie for breakfast! Or dinner. Or actually eat it for dessert. The point is that it’s healthy so you can eat it whenever you want 😉
Cherry bomb pie – can be made gluten free with GF oats and flour. Can also be made dairy free and vegan with dairy free milk and yogurt.
– 3/4 cup oats
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 cup flour of choice (I used Bob’s Red Mill almond meal)
– 1/4 cup oil of choice
– 2 tbsp milk of choice
– sprinkle cinnamon
– 1/3 cup date sugar (or another sugar of choice)
– 1 1/2 – 2 cups thawed cherries
– 2 tbsp date sugar or another sugar of choice
– 1/4 cup milk of choice
– 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
– optional 1 tbsp chia seeds
1) Prepare your crust by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Oil a pie pan and press your crust down into it. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a food processor, combine your ingredients to make your filling. Your filling will be very liquidy and creamy. Pour on top of your crust.
3) Bake in your oven for 30-45 minutes. The middle will appear to be not cooked all the way through – that is okay. It will continue to cook and set the longer it sits.
Question of the day:
Growing up, my all time favorite thing to eat for breakfast was ice cream. I have changed my tune and love eating overnight oats for breakfast now (and pie, apparently). What was your favorite breakfast growing up and what is your favorite breakfast now?