It’s Sunday Funday so you know what that means? Ok, maybe you don’t. It’s time for a pancake post. And holy pancakes do I have a yummy recipe for you today. This is probably one of my favorite flavor combinations I have ever made for pancakes. If you like chai and spice, then you will love these pancakes. They are the perfect amount of spice paired with the perfect vanilla filling. They are simply delicious and I could eat these everyday.
Chai green tea pancakes with vanilla chai filling: can be made vegan and dairy free by subbing dairy free milk, yogurt, and protein powder. Can attempt to make gluten free by subbing GF flour and oats (I have heard coconut flour yields a yummy, fluffy end product) – however, I have not used any other flour aside from whole wheat so I cannot vouch for the end product
Pancakes – makes 4-6 pancakes
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 green tea bag
– 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
– 1 tbsp vinegar
– 1 egg of choice
– 1 tsp each cinnamon and ginger
– 1 tsp sugar of choice
– 1 tbsp oil of choice
– 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
– sprinkle cinnamon
– 1 spoonful vanilla protein powder of choice (I used Garden of life)
– splash milk of choice
1) Steep your green tea bag in your water. Add your milk and vinegar to your green tea and water and set aside.
2) In a small bowl combine the rest of your ingredients then add your tea/water/milk/vinegar mixture. Mix well.
3) heat a skillet and add 1/3 cup of your batter to the skillet. cook your pancake a few minutes on each side. Repeat for the rest of your batter
4) while you pancakes cool, combine ingredients to make your filling. Layer your filling inbetween each pancake.
Question of the day:
Do you like chai? What about green tea?