So I recently came across cacao nibs and I had no idea what to do with them. Cacao nibs are a ‘superfood’ I have heard plenty about but had never tried them until now. I kind of threw these oats together last night in the hopes that I would like them come morning. I had no idea they would be this GOOD! So just to preface this, cacao nibs are made from pure cacao so they have no added sugar and because of that they are very bitter. However, when I reached out to my instagram family, several suggested mixing the cacao nibs into smoothies, oatmeal, etc. So I’ve been slowly incorporating the nibs into various recipes and I’m finding….I actually like them. This overnight oatmeal tasted just like chocolate chip banana bread! It was delicious! Some of the ingredients are used may be a little hard to come by so I will put substitutions in parentheses!
(raw, nut free, vegan, dairy free. Can be made gluten free by substituting the oats for GF oats like Bob’s Red Mill)
makes 1 serving Ingredients
– 1/4 cup oats
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 tbsp chia seeds (you don’t have to use chia seeds if you don’t have them, overnight oats works fine without them. chia just makes them a bit more fluffy and nutrient dense)
– 1 mashed banana
– 1 spoonful cacao nibs (chocolate chips can be substituted)
– 1 spoonful sunflower seed butter (sunflower seed can be a little pricey and hard to come by, pb or any other nut butter can be easily substituted)
– few slices banana
– goji berries
– sprinkle cacao nibs/chocolate chips
1. mash your banana in your bowl then add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. Let sit overnight. Devour in mourning.
Question of the day:
Have you ever tried overnight oats?