I was inspired to make these after I found myself giving in to some of the halloween candy laying around the house. I realized I didn’t have any healthier chocolatey treats to enjoy and therefore I was bring tempted by the halloween candy. So I made these bars in hopes I would grab one instead of a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
-1 cup softened dates (soak in warm water for 10-30 minutes until soft), remove pits
-1/2 cup almonds
-1/4 cup peanuts or walnuts
-1/4 cup baking cocoa
Peanut butter filling
– 1/2 cup natural or homemade peanut butter
– 1 1/2-2 cups plain full fat yogurt
– a spoonful of honey
1) combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until combined. Press into your pan and set aside.
Peanut butter layer
1) combine your ingredients in your food processor and combine until smooth and fluffy. Feel free to add more peanut butter or honey to get the flavor you want. Layer this on top of your chocolate layer and freeze for about 30 minutes.
2) after 30 minutes, cut into equal sizes. Layer two equal sized pieces so you have a full 3 layer bar a shown in the picture above.
3) enjoy 🙂