So really im not sure what mint has to do with Halloween or spooky things but I thought this could be fun for the kids if the shake was dyed a green color. This could be done by adding spinach or by simply adding a few drops of green food dye. Although I opted not to dye mine green, I still lit a Halloween themed candle so I could drink my shake by halloween themed candle light to get Into the Halloween spirit.
makes 1 large (filling) serving
– 1 frozen banana
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk (for a thicker shake add less milk, for a smoother creamier shake add more milk)
– 1 to 2 drops mint extract (seriously, just a drop or two)
– 5 spoonfuls oats
1) this does require some planning ahead. The day before you want this shake, cut up a banana and store in a freezer safe container in the freezer.
2) once your banana is frozen, add that as well as your other ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
3) if you want a green tinted smoothie, as mentioned above, you can add some spinach or some green food dye.
4) pour into a Halloween inspired glass, light a Halloween themed candle, pop in a Halloween themed movie, and enjoy 🙂
I actually didn’t think I would like this as much as I did. When I added the mint, I had also has the intention or adding some baking cocoa for a chocolate mint flavored shake. However, I took a sip before adding the cocoa and I was sold. I then inhaled the rest of the shake. The banana and mint somehow just…work.