I love this recipe! It is just so yummy and full of oat and chocolatey goodness – one of my favorite combinations. This is a rather large end product however so be prepared to either freeze or giveaway extras so you don’t give yourself a stomachache. One of my favorite things to do around this time of year is take plates of homemade treats to my neighbors so 1) I don’t eat myself sick, 2) the extra goodies don’t go to waste, and 3) my neighbors know we care about and appreciate them. It’s a win win for everybody.
1 cup softened butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups oats
3 cups all purpose flour
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups chocolate chips
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees f and spray a 9×13 inch glass pan. Set aside.
2) get out a large bowl. Set aside 2 tbsp of the butter and combine the rest with your brown sugar. mix well. Add in your vanilla and eggs.
3) in a separate bowl combine your oats, flour, and baking soda. Add this mixture to your wet mixture.
4) use 3/4 of this mixture and push it down into the 9×13 inch pan. Set aside the rest of the mixture for now.
5) get out a sauce pan and combine your 2 tbsp butter, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips. Heat on medium until your chocolate chips are melted and you have a smooth chocolate sauce. Pour this on top of your oat mixture in the 9×13 inch pan.
6) pat the rest of the oat mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
7) bake for 25 minutes or until the top oat layer starts to turn brown.
8) cool then cut into bars and enjoy 🙂