Even though it’s not technically fall yet, in my mind, it is. I love fall and have been waiting to bust out my favorite fall recipes. This is by far at the top of my list.
Thus starts my new series, fall favorite recipes. I may also include some posts about my favorite fall clothes, since, I am after all a girl and fall weather means leggings, skinny jeans, boots, sweaters, and scarves. So if you’re not into clothes, just bear with me. As mentioned, I will also be including my favorite fall recipes and you do not want to miss those 😉
So to start off this series, I give you the holy grail of spiced chai tea aka fall in a cup!
– 3/4 cup water + 6 black tea bags (i use liptons black tea)
– 1 tsp. finely grated orange peel
– 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
– 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
– 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
– 6 1/3 cups water
1) steep your tea bags in your 3/4 cup water for about 5 minutes then set aside
2) meanwhile, get out a fairly large pot and mix together your spices and sweetened condensed milk. Add in your tea (remove the tea bags first)
3) turn the burner on to medium-high heat and slowly add in your water. Heat everything until its hot but not boiling.
4) transfer your chain tea to a separate container and enjoy 🙂
5) be sure to refrigerate your leftover chai and consume within the week
Be sure to check back soon for more fall favorite recipes 🙂