Michigan seems to have suddenly transitioned to fall and I have to admit I love it! Fall for me equals incense, chai tea, leggings, skinny jeans, brown boots, beautiful colors, renaissance festival, and soup!
So when the summer weather finally made the change to cooler weather, I decided it was a good time to make some soup – hence, this recipe.
– 4-5 cups brown rice, already cooked
– 1 32 oz vegetable stock
– 1 package fusia oriental stir fry (I found this at aldis. If you cant find this, a few bags of mixed vegetables will work. I would add a dash of soy sauce though if you go this route)
1) prepare your brown rice ahead of time. I admit that the reason I made this soup is because Edward decided to make a bag of rice then not eat it. So this was my effort to save the rice.
2) once your rice is prepared, add in your vegetable stock and your oriental stir fry/veggies. Stir continuously so your veggies and rice don’t clump up.
3) let your ingredients simmer until hot. Then serve 🙂
just throwing it out there… this soup goes really well with homemade Chinese steamed rolls – that recipe can be found here: https://f00dventures.wordpress.com/2012/08/04/chinese-steamed-buns/