This is going to be a short and sweet post since I’m a bit on a tight schedule today. I’ll be brief and just say that this was a nice, simple, easy dinner to put together quickly. It probably took about 10 minutes to prepare and only 6 minutes to broil. Well, okay, I lied. It did take 8-9 hours for the flounder to thaw but that’s only if you’re using frozen flounder.
Recipe not mine, found on pinterest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 flounder fillets (about 6 oz. each, as you can see, I used 6 but the above should be enough to cover all of your fillets)
- optional spinach (would go great with this dish but my fiance cannot stand spinach which = no spinach in this dish)
- optional 1 large carrot, diced
2) Combine your olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
3) Chop up your onion and carrot (if using) and throw into a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Saute for about 3 minutes or until onion is translucent. Transfer to your bowl with your other ingredients and combine. Spoon over your fish fillets.
4) place your pan in the oven and broil for 6 minutes. Be sure not to place the pan to close to the top of the oven unless you want your fire alarms to go off.
5) remove from oven and arrange on a pretty dish. serve and enjoy 🙂
6) if using spinach, just prepare the spinach while preparing the other ingredients (boil in a large pot with some water for about 5 minutes, drain). arrange spinach on the plate and place fillets on top. Serve 🙂