It’s that time again. Time for another healthy eater post. This post is going to touch on something a little different: the benefits of breastfeeding.
While both breastfeeding and bottle feeding are both healthy choices, breastfeeding benefits not only the child but mother as well.
Breastfeeding is good for baby…
- provides the right amount of nutrients for your baby’s growth and development
- may keep your baby from getting sick
- may protect your baby from skin problems, allergies, and too much weight gain as a child
Breastfeeding is good for mother too…
- helps you bond with your baby
- burns calories and can help you lose the “baby weight”
- saves you money – formula costs money and can add up quickly. Breast milk is free!
- saves you time – no measuring or mixing formula and no bottles to warm in the middle of the night