I cannot take credit for these recipes so here is a link to the website I found these at: http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water#EmbedRecipe_251.
Some are just fruit flavored and some are fruit and herb flavored. The flavors include:
– All citrus flavored
– Raspberry lime flavored
Fruit and herb flavored:
– Watermelon Rosemary flavored
– Blackberry Sage flavored
– Pineapple Mint flavored
Below I have inserted the recipe from the website but be sure to check out the original website for more directions and info. Again, that website can be found here: http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water#EmbedRecipe_251
- fruit — 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple…most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
- herbs — a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
- water (tap or filtered)
General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor; don’t pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Suggested flavor combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) — Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) — Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
PINEAPPLE MINT — Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE — Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY— Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
- DIY: Sliced Fruit Ice-Cubes (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- DIY Naturally flavored water with fresh fruit and/or herbs (f00dventures.wordpress.com)