Tonight (and by tonight i mean last night) my fiancé and I had a nice spaghetti dinner and I thought what better to go with it than garlic breadsticks. So I decided to whip some up.
These breadsticks came out so light and fluffy and the basil really added a nice, fresh, “something extra” flavor.
– 1 cup Warm Water
– 1 Tablespoon Honey
– 1 envelope Active Dry Yeast (2 1/4 Teaspoons)
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 3 cups Bread Flour
– few teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste)
– few leaves fresh basil
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– few teaspoons garlic powder
1) Get out a small bowl and combine the warm water, yeast and honey. Set aside until the yeast gets nice and frothy.
2) meanwhile, combine your flour, salt, and herbs in the bread machine (or a separate container if you don’t have a bread machine). Add the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and either mix by hand or let the bread machine mix the dough for a good 5 minutes.
3) oil a large bowl and place the dough inside. Cover with a towel and let rise for an hour until it doubles in size. I typically set the oven and set the bowl on top of the oven.
4) once the dough has finished rising, grease a cookie sheet and start pulling off pieces of dough and forming into breadsticks.
5) cover your breadsticks with towels and let rise another 30-45 minutes. If you haven’t already, preheat the oven to 400 degrees f.
6) once your breadsticks are done rising, brush them with your melted butter and sprinkle garlic powder on top. Bake at 400 degrees f for 10 minutes.
- Cheesy garlic bread aka “omg I’ve died and gone to heaven” bread (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- May Your House Be Filled With the Fragrance of Homecooked Bread (plotmamas.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Garlic, Honey And Kalamata Olive Bread (romancingthebee.com)
- Gluten Free Italian Flatbread Bruschetta with Basil (sprinklesandallergies.com)
- Garden Herb Cheese Bread (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Pizza (stewpeasnrice.wordpress.com)
- Hawaiian Bread (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Unusual Pizza (thedailybeast.com)
- egg, pancetta and gruyère breakfast bread – recipes – donna hay (thebeltanedaily.wordpress.com)
- Heaven on Earth cinnamon pull apart bread (f00dventures.wordpress.com)