My mom and I did some grocery shopping last weekend and picked up a few of those frozen mixed veggies packages at krogers. So I decided to get creative and attempt to put together a meal based off those veggies. I think I did quite well:
– 1 package krogers mexican veggies (no worries if you don’t have this. All you need is 12 ounces of broccoli, corn, red bell peppers, and cauliflower mixed together)
– 2 long carrots, diced (I don’t use baby carrots because they have “extras” added to them)
– 1/4 of a large onion, diced
– 1/4 cup green onions, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, diced
– black pepper (to taste)
– thyme (to taste)
– 2 salmon patties (the ones we had were quite small so i used 2)
– olive oil
1) if you are using krogers frozen veggies, plop them into a large microwave safe container and add 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
2) wash your carrots and chop them up then add to the vegetable mixture. chop up your garlic and add that as well.
3) cover your dish and microwave for about 6-7 minutes.
4) meanwhile, chop up your onion. Get out a small pan, add some olive oil, and Carmelize those bad boys.
5) once your veggie mix is done microwaving, add the carmelized onions.
6) chop up some green onion (I used about 1/4 cup, diced) and add to your veggies. Set aside.
7) get out your salmon (I used frozen salmon patties) and place in a microwave safe dish and microwave for about 4 minutes. Once done, cut into bite size pieces and add to the vegetables.
8) as a final touch, toss in some olive oil, black pepper, and thyme.
9) Bon appetite 🙂
- Veggie-topped salmon makes quick summer supper (miamiherald.com)
- Veggie Pancakes (triplecordcsaorganicproduce.wordpress.com)
- Garlic Parmesan Salmon and Vegetables (hungrygatorgal.wordpress.com)