So in honor of my birthday I thought I would make a nice chocolatey treat. Something gooey and chocolatey and warm. So when I found this recipe for an Ooey gooey chocolate brownie, I knew I had to make it.
– 1 1/4 cup sugar
– 7 tbsb baking cocoa
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 cup milk
-1/3 cup butter, melted
– 1 1/2 Tsp vanilla
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
– 1 1/2 cup HOT water
1) gather ingredients
2) preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Oil an 8 inch glass dish. I actually used a smaller, round ceramic baking dish because I wanted a nice thick ooey gooey brownie.
3) get out two bowls. In one bowl mix together the light brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 3 tbsp cocoa.
4) In the other bowl, mix together your dry ingredients (flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 4 tbsp cocoa, and baking powder) then add your wet (melted butter, vanilla, milk). Do not add the water yet. Pour the mixture into your greased pan. Then sprinkle the other mixture on top. Do not mix. Add the not water on top and again, do not mix.
5) pop in your oven for 30-40 minutes.
6) end result is an amazing chocolatey brownie that you can pair with ice cream or just eat by itself.
If you are a chocolate fanatic like me then this is definitely a recipe for you. Chocolate lovers unite!
- “healthy” breakfast birthday cake (f00dventures.wordpress.com)