I have used baked chickpeas in the past and it’s always interesting to me how I can handle them when they’re baked but can’t stand them otherwise. Possibly because when I bake with them, there are always other ingredients involved to help mask the flavor of the chickpeas. Same goes for this recipe. It’s very simple to make and requires only about 5 ingredients. Makes a great healthy snack with a nice punch of flavor.
1) gather your ingredients And preheat the oven to 425 degrees f.
2) drain your chickpeas then pat them dry with a towel. Set aside.
3) get out a medium sized bowl and mix together your spices and sugar.
4) combine your beans and spice mixture until well coated.
5) splash the olive oil in your pan then transfer your beans to the pan.
6) throw them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want them. Be careful towards the end because they will burn quickly. It’s also a good idea to take them out halfway through and mix them around a bit.
7) enjoy 🙂
I bet a sugar and cinnamon mixture would taste good too if you wanted a sweeter version.
- Roasted Chickpeas (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Edamame Chickpea Snack Mix (hauteapplepie.com)
- Crunchy Chickpeas (soulfoodliving.com)