Alright, brace yourselves for this recipe. It is seriously to die for. But first, take a gander at these gorgeous beauties:
Even though my mouth is still sore and swollen, I had to have one. It wasn’t pretty but I did manage to eat one. And it only took about 10 minutes lol
*recipe is not mine
Ingredients for bread
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1 pkg. active dry yeast or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
– 1/4 cup butter melted
– 1 egg lightly beaten
– 1/2 tsp salt (I didn’t add this in)
– 3 cups all purpose flour
– 1/4 cup butter, melted
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar (give or take. I never use it all so I actually cut this down to about 1/2 cup)
– 4 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for quick glaze
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1-2 tbsp milk
Directions for bread
Okay first off gather all your ingredients like so
Ok got them all? Now directions may vary depending on whether you have a bread machine or not. 1) Since I do, I start by adding the 3 cups flour and 2 tsp of the cinnamon into the bread machine then set aside.
2) Pull out a small bowl and heat up the 3/4 cup milk until warm. You don’t want it too hot otherwise it will kill the yeast. Add 2 tbsp sugar and the yeast to the milk and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it gets frothy. Mix in the egg and the 1/4 cup butter. Add this mixture to the flour and cinnamon.
3) Set your bread machine to the ‘dough’ cycle and let it beat the dough around for about 3-5 minutes. If you don’t have a bread machine then you’ll just have to knead the dough by hand. Once done kneading, oil a large bowl and place your bread in it like so:
4) Cover with a towel and let it rise in a warm area for about an hour.
5) Meanwhile you can prepare the filling for your bread. Get out two small bowls. Melt 1/4 cup butter in one and mix the sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in another. Set aside for later.
6) once your bread is done rising, Roll out your dough into 5 12×4 inch pieces. Brush the strips with butter then sprinkle with your cinnamon/sugar mixture:
Stack the strips then cut into pieces. Place the pieces into an oiled 9x5x3 inch loaf pan like this:
7) let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until double in size. I usually turn the oven on to whatever temp I am going to be baking at (in this case it’s 350 degrees f) and set the pan on top of the oven where it’s nice and warm.
8) once done rising, bake your bread at 350 degrees f for about 30 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
9) now it is time to prepare the quick glaze for the top of the bread. Gather your ingredients like so:
As you can see we are frequent meijer shoppers. Stir together the 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1-2 tbsp milk in a small bowl until you get it to the consistency you want. Drizzle on top of your pull apart bread.
10) enjoy the finished product:
Tomorrow I will be making my “spicy” tofu mousse. That sounds weird. I’ll just call it my spicy mousse? Ok maybe I’ll work on the name.
- Cheesy garlic bread aka “omg I’ve died and gone to heaven” bread (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- Soft-as-clouds Scones (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- A love affair with bread: whole wheat pull apart challah rolls (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Banana Bread (seacreatively.wordpress.com)