One of my favorite things about Halloween (other than eating an obscene amount of candy on Halloween) is the chance to watch Halloween themed movies. I’m sure we all have our own favorites and traditions so I thought it would be fun to share mine.
They aren’t all necessarily Halloween themed but for me they are best watched during the fall months and leading up to Halloween.
So in really no particular order, here are a few of my favorite Halloween movies
- Legend of the guardians: the owls of ga Hoole
- Harry potter (all 8 movies)
- lord of the rings trilogy
- hocus pocus (I looooved this one as a kid; I watch it every year both for pleasure and that nostalgic feeling I get whenever I watch it)
- the librarian: curse of the judas chalice
- the corpse bride
- the princess and the frog (I’m not sure why I like this one at Halloween; for me it just has that spooky vibe to it)
- red riding hood
- the covenant
- interview with a vampire
- the brothers Grimm
- Dracula 2000 (so I can’t say I actually like watching the whole movie since I’ve never seen the whole movie. I tend to multitask when I watch movies. But I can say I at least like the first half of this movie)
There are also a few tv shows I like to watch around fall/Halloween:
- vampire diaries
- once upon a time (this one I just discovered but I’m really liking it so far)
- pushing daisies
Do you have any fall/Halloween favorite movies or tv shows? Is there a movie you just have to watch every year?