I am so touched and honored to have been nominated by Tianna (storybookapothecary) for a sunshine award. I started my blog a little over a month ago and have also received the versatile blogger award (also from Tianna). Each time I get a new follower or a new “like” on one of my posts or a nomination for a blog award, I feel so happy inside. Writing has always been a passion of mine and now I get to write about things that I truly care about. In college, one of my goals was to one day be able to write about nutrition and now I get to do that through my blog. It doesn’t matter that it’s not a paying job. It makes me happy. And really, that’s all that’s important. If it makes you happy, then go for it (as long as it’s legal of course :p )
1) Favorite Color – PINK! I am a true girly girl. I’m also really liking teal lately.
2) Favorite Animal – Dogs! I have mini heart attacks every time I see a dog. I desperately want another one. Just a year ago we had 2 dogs, a chocolate lab mix named Duddley and a great dane named Gabby. Duddley lived to be 17 (we put him down last June) and Gabby lived to be 13 (we just put her down January 31 of this year). Gabby was my best friend (apart from my fiance) and I miss her everyday. She was the biggest baby, so much so that we took to calling her “baby” instead of “gabby”.
3) Favorite number – um….no clue. I’m going to be lame and pick 8 and 16 since my fiance’s and my anniversary is 08/16/2005. Celebrating 7 years together this August.
4) Favorite Non-alcoholic drink – chai tea. one of my favorite things to do at the end of the day is settle down with a good book and cup of chai tea. ethiopian tea is another of my favorites. it’s a must try if you haven’t had it yet.
6) My Passion – I love to eat, bake, read, write
7) Prefer getting or giving presents – well, i do love getting presents but i love giving them as well. i think this one is a tie.
8) Favorite pattern – I’m a bit vintage so I would say I like vintage (my wedding dress has a bit of a vintage pattern on it). I also like florals.
9) Favorite Day of the Week – ooh that’s hard. I guess Friday since it’s the end of the week. Honestly though since I’m not in school at the moment and not working, everyday is just about the same to me.
10) Favorite Flower – i don’t really have a favorite per se. I just typed in “flower” on yahoo and found the magnolia campbelli which are quite pretty.
1) This first one is easy: Tianna @storybookapothecary. This girl has pretty much been there since day 1. She has made my blogging experience such a positive one. Every time I write a new post, she is always the first to comment (okay, usually the only to comment lol). I feel like we have truly become friends. It’s a shame we live on opposite sides of the U.S. I would love to be able to share my baking experiments with her.
2) Pat @RantingofanAmateurChef :This guy is seriously so inspiring and such a great chef. I look forward to his posts every morning.
3) Amanda @ToxicFoodie: I haven’t been following her blog for very long but from the posts I have read, she really tells it like it is when it comes to food. I love the bluntness of her posts. There’s no beating around the bush with her.
4) Kim @AppleButterHarmony: Very sweet person with a great blog. She posts lots of amazing looking recipes. Not only that but, like me, she is in the field of dietetics. Us dietetics students gotta stick to together
5) Sally @Sally’sBakingAddiction: This is one of my favorite blogs. I look forward to her recipe posts everyday. Not only do her recipes sound amazing but the pictures look just as amazing. I’ve already made a few of her recipes and I can say they taste as amazing as they sound. Definitely check her blog out
- Versatile Blogger Award (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- Who Doesn’t Love a Little Sunshine? (angiebullock.com)
- I’m Walking on Sunshine! (The Sunshine Award, that is ~) (stuffitellmysister.me)
- Putney Farm Has Been Nominated For a Sunshine Blog Award (putneyfarm.com)
- Sunshine Award (quitthecure.com)
- The Sunshine Award (autumnsunshineandgabrielleangel.wordpress.com)
- The sunshine award (sherrylcook.wordpress.com)
- Encouragement beyond the scale! (running2bfree.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (everydayisyummy.wordpress.com)
- Creative Chaos Award Nomination (for those who think outside the norm) (blazingportals.wordpress.com)
- The Sunshine Award (adelinacarp.wordpress.com)
- It’s a Sunshine Day! (shecantbeserious.com)
- A Sunshine Award to start off the Summer! (memoriessewprecious.wordpress.com)
- The Sunshine Blog Award (thereadingitch.wordpress.com)
- May Catchup: Three Accolades and A Badge (raisingthecurtain.net)
- Sunshine Award and Very Inspiring Blogger Award (chaoticashmita.wordpress.com)
- The Sunshine Award (postdenominational.org)
- Inspiring Blog Award (odetomyabode.com)
- The Sunshine Award (lifeinrelationtoart.wordpress.com)
- Send out your ray of sunshine… (momoftwosalums.wordpress.com)
- More Awards (christophercharron.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award! (spiritualworldtraveler.wordpress.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award and One Lovely Blog Award ! (shiro51144.wordpress.com)
- Yay! Liebster Award! (leajurock.wordpress.com)
- The Sunshine Blog Award (meaningfulwesternlife.com)
- It’s time … (cosytravels.wordpress.com)
- I Have Been Nominated for the Versatile #BloggerAward! (dreamlovebelieve.com)