I thought it would be a good idea to make a smoothie for tomorrow, something I can grab to sip on who,e volunteering at the farmers market. The last few smoothies/fruit related drinks I have made have involved banana, strawberries, peach, and mango. So I thought this time I would branch out a little and do more of a berry based smoothie. The results were amazing.
Tell me that wide array of colors isn’t gorgeous. I just had to take a picture.
– few leaves Swiss chard (or any other leafy green like spinach. or you can leave this out. However, leafy greens are one of the healthiest foods you can eat and you don’t even taste them when they’re mixed in with other foods)
– few splashes of milk (the amount is up to you. Just depends on how thick or smooth you want your smoothie)
– 1 cup frozen berries (i used blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
– 1/2 – 3/4 cup cranberries
– 1/2 of an apple
– 2 tbsp chia seeds
– 1/3 cup dates (be sure to remove the pits)
– 1 cup oats
– my secret ingredient: few leaves of basil
1) throw everything into a food processor and blend blend blend until smooth.
This recipe makes about a quart (4 cups) worth of smoothie.
- Refreshing Fruit + spinach smoothie with no yogurt and no added sugar (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie (bestfruitsmoothies.com)
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie (momoftwosalums.wordpress.com)
- Meg’s Mixed Berry Smoothie (meggieskitchen.wordpress.com)