Welcome fellow foodies and friends!
A year ago I graduated with a bachelor of science degree in dietetics. I realized that having knowledge about eating healthy and cooking healthy are two completely different things. Although not everything I make is healthy, I love to experiment in the kitchen. I can’t say everything I make turns out but how will you know unless you try? I am not claiming to be a chef by any means. In fact, I hardly knew how to bake/cook up until pretty recently. I was a full time student and busied myself with schoolwork and found I just did not have the energy to teach myself how to cook/bake. However, I knew that knowing how to cook would be a great tool to have not only for myself but for my professional career as well. As mentioned, I am no chef. I make plenty of mistakes in the kitchen. But over the past year, I have had plenty of time to experiment. Like everyone else out there, finding a job has been near impossible. So in the mean time, I scour the web for recipes and make my own changes; swapping white flour for whole wheat flour and finding new and tasty ways to incorporate more veggies and fruits into my diet. As I come across new recipes, I will post pictures and my experiences. Even if nobody reads this blog, it will at least be a way for me to document the things I make, whether they turn out or not.
So welcome and enjoy your stay
- Cooking: it’s not just an art, it’s a science (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- Variations of the crescent roll: apple cinnamon and chocolate chip (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- dark chocolate raspberry banana bread. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- A love affair with bread: whole wheat pull apart challah rolls (f00dventures.wordpress.com)
- Garden herb and cheese bread Número tres (f00dventures.wordpress.com)